- Fleming, D. M., D. L. DeAngelis, L. J. Gross, R. E. Ulanowicz, W. F.
Wolff, W. F. Loftus, and M. A. Huston. 1994. ATLSS: Across-Trophic-Level
System Simulation for the Freshwater Wetlands of the Everglades and Big
Cypress Swamp. National Biological Service Technical Report.
(The full text of the Report on ATLSS Workshop (174K) is here).
- ATLSS: Across-Trophic-Level System Simulation: An Approach to Analysis of South Florida Ecosystems. Biological Resources Division, United States Geological Survey Technical Report.
(The full text of this Progress Report, without Figures, on ATLSS (207K) is here as an ASCII file).
- Saving the Florida Everglades (Link to ORNL Review Paper)
- TIEM Takes the Lead in Everglades Restoration Modeling Project (Link to UTK Research Good News article)
- Approaches to Large-scale Ecosystem Modeling Across Multiple Trophic Levels: Some Early Lessons from the South Florida ATLSS Experience. L. J. Gross, D. L. DeAngelis, and M. A. Huston. To appear in: WESLAB Proceedings: Aquatic Ecosystem Modeling and Assessment Techniques, J. B. Waide (editor). Postscript File (40K)
- Computational Ecology: Environmental Problem Solving for the New Millennium. L. J. Gross. Postscript file (124K)
- Landscape Modeling for Everglades Ecosystem Restoration. Donald L. DeAngelis, Louis J. Gross, Michael A. Huston, Wilfried F. Wolff, D. Martin Fleming, E. Jane Comiskey, Scott M. Sylvester Ecosystems 1:64-75 (1998) Abstract with PDF full paper available
Wading Bird Component:
- Fleming, D.M., W. F. Wolff, and D. L. DeAngelis. 1994. The importance
of landscape heterogeneity to a colonial wading bird in the Florida Everglades.
Environmental Management 18:743-757.
- Wolff, W. F. 1994. An individual-oriented model of a wading bird nesting
colony. Ecological Modelling 72:75-114.
- Abbott, Catherine Ann. 1995. A Parallel Individual-Based
Model of White-Tailed Deer in the Florida Everglades. M.S. Thesis. University
of Tennessee, Department of Computer Science. August 1995.
- Abbott, C. A., M.W. Berry, J. C. Dempsey, E. J. Comiskey, L. J. Gross and H.-K. Luh. Computational models of white-tailed deer in the Florida Everglades. IEEE Computational Science and Engineering (to appear)
(A preliminary version of this paper has been released as UTK-CS Technical Report CS-95-296 and is available here)
- Comiskey, E. J., L. J. Gross, D. M. Fleming, M. A. Huston, O. L. Bass,
H.-K. Luh and Y. Wu. 1997. A spatially-explicit individual-based simulation
model for Florida panther and white-tailed deer in the Everglades and Big
Cypress landscapes. Proceedings of the Florida Panther Conference, Ft. Myers Fla., Nov. 1-3, 1994, Dennis Jordan, ed., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service,
- Luh, H.-K., C. Abbott, M. Berry, E.J. Comiskey, J. Dempsey, and L.
J. Gross. 1997. Parallelization in a spatially-explicit individual-based model
(I) Spatial data interpolation. Computers and Geosciences 23:293-304
- Mellott, Linda E. 1997. A Distributed Implementation of
an Individual-Based Predator-Prey Model. M.S. Thesis. University
of Tennessee, Department of Computer Science. May 1997.
- Mellott, L. E., M. W. Berry, E. J. Comiskey and L. J. Gross. The design and
implementation of an individual-based predator-prey model for a distributed
computing environment. Simulation Theory and Practice (to appear)
Landscape Structure Component:
- Sylvester, S. M., L. J. Gross and M. A. Huston. Dynamic linkage of
individual organism models with GIS data layers to support restoration of
the Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve. Manuscript.
- Shorrosh, M. N. 1997. The ATLSS Landscape Fish/Lower Trophic Level Model. M.S. Project. University of Tennessee, Department of Mathematics. July 1997.